World Realism- Empire at War

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the beginning of the 18th century and already has Europe been subdued to countless acts of war and corruption. Take up arms as one of the clergymen of the court or become ruler yourself. Join one of the best forum role playing games to hit the intern

3 posters

World Realism Guide v.1

King Francis Albrecht I
    King Francis Albrecht I
    Admin

World Realism Guide v.1 Empty World Realism Guide v.1

Post  King Francis Albrecht I Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 pm

World Realism 101

[Population]

Very friggin simple! Use the map below to see the population of your people.

World Realism Guide v.1 Regionpopulation-5

if you cant see it all click on this link--> https://2img.net/h/i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/XTrainusX/regionpopulation-5.png?t=1304871633

Ps: We double check to make sure you did it good!
    For example this is the rubric at which you determine population.

Burgundy/red regions have 500,000 people.
    Gold regions have 300,000 people.
    Beige regions have 200,000 people.
    Grey regions have 100,000 people.

Just simply add the populations in your regions up. You can use governors or appoint people to do this in specific groups of regions to make it easier. Aka provinces. Trade is included because the population of your region is determined by its prosperity (whether be commercial or cultural).

[Taxation]

Very simple taxation system with a 1:1 tax ratio. For every citizen you own, they pay 1 tax. For example if you have 10,000,000 population in your empire you gain that amount in money.

[Army]

We can have stacks which are obvious. They're stacks! A stack in Empire total war online (our battle engine) is usually between 2,000-4,000 people. Here a stack Costs $150,000 to build.

Basically you can move your stacks around your empire and station them in any region you own. You can have no MORE than 5% of your population in the army!

You can move an army through 4 regions per season

Note we have 2 seasons not 4 here! We'll have Winter/Autumn, and then Summer/Spring.

Terrain depends on the area of the map and a map shall be chosen for that terrain. You must be thinking of how to determine your armies size though you may use different troop counts for each battle due to having the choice to do so (in etw online you can customize your army with the money as you see fit). We'll be using the 4,000 men per stack number to determine this.

This means that even if your real army may be around 100,000 men with 2,000 in each stack when fighting we use 4,000 for replenishment forces and supplies. So it would be 200,000.

[Army Replenishment]

Stacks will replenish by themselves by simply rounding the stack number to the nearest thousandth. For example if half my stack dies which was 4,000 and I am left with 2,700 I will have 3,000 men in my stack next season, and after that it will become full strength again.

Basically you round your stack number to the nearest thousandth, thats it. Thats the number of troops you'll have in the stack next season (turn). After that 1,000 troops will be added each turn to the unit.

[Navy]

A fleet costs around $300,000 per fleet. In a fleet you can also customize all your units as you see fit. You can have 1 ship per every 50,000 citizens. Meaning if your nation has 10,000,000 people for example it can have a max of 100 ships. No more no less. (the problem here is that the ships being used are heavy ships.

[Navy Replenishment]

Now you must be worrying about the same thing as army. How do you determine ship numbers if it isn't a constant value. Well each fleet will have a 20 unit slot penalty. So if you have 5 fleets and even if they are at half strength, it will be seen as you having 100 ships instead of 50.

Also every season for example since naval units are direct whole numbers with one digit, if they survive a battle they replenish full strength the next season. If they are de masted they repair right away. if the ship is sunk or explodes ITS GONE!
    SHIPS MAY BE CAPTURED!

Captured ships can be added to fleets. 1 ship enters your fleet stack every season (excluding ships under repair). So with a captured ship you can add another that season!

I think that covers it. Smile

King Francis Albrecht I
    King Francis Albrecht I
    Admin

World Realism Guide v.1 Empty Re: World Realism Guide v.1

Post  King Francis Albrecht I Sun May 08, 2011 8:44 pm

UPDATE 1# If you can have say 20.5 stacks in your army due to the 5% army limit rule, and can afford more, then round that to 21. Smile Always highest.
    The Sultan

Post  The Sultan Sun May 08, 2011 9:13 pm

How do we know what makes up a stack(cav, line, swords men, etc)
    King Francis Albrecht I
    King Francis Albrecht I
    Admin

Post  King Francis Albrecht I Sun May 08, 2011 9:25 pm

It says right here. You can customize your stack with whatever you want online. :-) as long as you have enough money online.
    Roi Alexandre du France
    Roi Alexandre du France

Post  Roi Alexandre du France Sun May 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Erm, my computer can't take large unit sizes. We'll have to do medium/small.

Also, with the amount of cash ETW gives you for CB, you can't build a decent army.
    King Francis Albrecht I
    King Francis Albrecht I
    Admin

Post  King Francis Albrecht I Sun May 08, 2011 10:23 pm

yes you can! Medium battles might be a no go. Battles usually won't be too large. Wink
    Roi Alexandre du France
    Roi Alexandre du France

Post  Roi Alexandre du France Sun May 08, 2011 11:24 pm

No, at least not the armies I like to build. ETW always has you add militia that suck.

Also, why not? I honestly cannot play on large, my computer burns up and I get so much lag I rage quit.
    King Francis Albrecht I
    King Francis Albrecht I
    Admin

Post  King Francis Albrecht I Sun May 08, 2011 11:32 pm

well then you can play medium but the battle overall will probably take longer. Also I just fought a battle. literally had enough for a full stack of good early e tw units.
    Roi Alexandre du France
    Roi Alexandre du France

Post  Roi Alexandre du France Mon May 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks man.

Oh, I forgot it was early. Sorry.
    King Francis Albrecht I
    King Francis Albrecht I
    Admin

Post  King Francis Albrecht I Mon May 09, 2011 10:06 pm

No problem. Once it reaches late well decrease the stack number to 3,000.
    The Sultan

Post  The Sultan Tue May 10, 2011 12:50 am

wait so if thier is no trade then you really cant have any realation eith other factions other then allies neatrual and enemys but it makes it simple but trade is not hard to get and it adds flavor to the game but yo the admin so yo pick its all good this will be a fun game What a Face
    King Francis Albrecht I
    King Francis Albrecht I
    Admin

Post  King Francis Albrecht I Tue May 10, 2011 7:47 am

The Sultan wrote:wait so if thier is no trade then you really cant have any realation eith other factions other then allies neatrual and enemys but it makes it simple but trade is not hard to get and it adds flavor to the game but yo the admin so yo pick its all good this will be a fun game What a Face

well add later. we can have relations just by using role play!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:05 pm